Based in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
April 21, 2015
Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux)
DescriptionPresented in pixel art and set in a future post apocalyptic setting, Convoy is a squad based tactical combat roguelike-like in its core. As a player you travel with your combat vehicles and convoy across a wasteland to find parts needed to repair your broken spaceship. During your journey you might encounter strangers in randomized scenarios by picking up radio signals. Depending on the choices you make as a player, this can either lead to tactical combat, text based dialogue or chance based role-play. Whatever choice you make, you need to keep your convoy and its cargo safe from raiders, warriors and other enemies. Keep upgrading your vehicles, as death is permanent in Convoy.
HistoryThe idea of Convoy started when Sander and Roy were drinking some beers on a sunny afternoon in the Summer of 2013. Sander coined the concept of 'a tactical car chase game with big trucks and dune buggies like in the movies' which immidiatly caught Roy's attention. That sounds insane, tell me more is what Roy said to Sander. After fantasizing about it in semi-intoxicated state for the rest of the afternoon, it was decided that this should be the game to work on. Becase of the lack of the coding skills, they asked their friend Sipke to join their team, Sipke thought the game was crazy and briljant and that's when the development of Convoy started early September 2013. Now more than one year later, so many things has happened: the game has been accepted on Steam, our Kickstarter campaign was a huge success and we hope that when the game releases in April 2015, everyone will enjoy the game as much as we have been enjoying developing it!
- A new take on tactical combat: Combat plays out in real time as a high-speed car chase where you need to position your units and use abilities to maximise their effectiveness.
- Exploration pays: You will encounter many different radio signals, each with a text based event. What doesn’t kill you may reward you with loot.
- Fully customizable units: Each unit can be upgraded and outfitted with different weapons and abilities, allowing you to customize them to your needs.
- A randomized planet: Each play-through features different main and side objectives, events, choices, and different consequences to your actions.
- A cold war turning hot: Three factions vie for control over the planet, your actions tip the scales of balance making you an enemy to everyone. As each faction grows in strength, you need to keep up.
- Permadeath at the core: Knowing one wrong move could lead to certain death puts you constantly on edge.
Awards & Recognition
Convoy has not received any awards or recognitions yet. Please check back later to see if things change.
- "Rezzed Festival 2015 our favourite games"
- Keith Stuart, The Guardian
- "My interest in it lies elsewhere: it reminds me of a science-fiction, open world version of Qvadriga, the chariot-racing game both Adam and Tim Stone couldn’t hold their horses over earlier this year"
- Graham Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Having just had a go on a preview build, I can confirm that what's in the game already is promising enough."
- Tom Sykes, PC Gamer
- "Convoy is like FTL, Car Wars, and Mad Max had a glorious roguelike love child."
- Justin Clouse, Escapist Magazine
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Convoy Games
Convoy Games is an indie game studio based in the North of the Netherlands
More information on Convoy Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Sander de Visser
Business & Game Design
Development / Business Inquiries